With a love of the Arts and Crafts movement and the local flora, the owners approached Bryant Alsop with a desire to restore and update this heritage listed 1904 house and connect it with the landscape. Though only 3m of new building was added to the rear of the building, drastic changes were made to bring the house up to modern-day day living standards. The owners’ art collection and their appreciation of craftsmanship provided a wonderful source of inspiration throughout the design process.
Builder: J S Lowther Builders
Photography: Simon Dallinger